Albert M. Roos Q.C.
Named Vancouver's Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year for 2010 and 2017 by Best Lawyers in Canada, Albert Roos is a founding partner of Sugden, McFee & Roos. Acting exclusively for plaintiffs in personal injury claims including medical negligence matters, Albert is consistently rated one of the leading lawyers in British Columbia for both personal injury and medical malpractice cases by both Lexpert and Best Lawyers in Canada.
Albert also maintains a significant practice in administrative law and acts in a wide variety of professional negligence matters. He has appeared before all levels of the Courts, including the Supreme Court of British Columbia, the British Columbia Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Albert Roos is an active member of the legal community and regularly participates as a speaker in various educational programs for the legal profession, including those offered by the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia and the Inns of Court Programme for young lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- British Columbia, 1983
- University of British Columbia, Faculty of Law, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- LL.B. - 1982
- University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Isl, Canada
- B.A. - 1979
- Acted for a young filmmaker who sustained a broken neck in an automobile accident, and, as a result of an incorrect medical diagnosis, was rendered quadriplegic
- Acted for a skier who was rendered paraplegic as a result of a chairlift collapse
- Has acted on a number of occasions for families of individuals killed in automobile and airplane crashes
- Acted as co-counsel in the defense of BC Hydro in a case against it brought by its former President
- Represented physicians in a hearing involving access to hospital and operating room privileges
- Represented physicians and oral surgeons in disputes with the Medical Services Plan relating to billing practices
- Defended a number of lawyers involved in disciplinary proceedings before the Law Society of British Columbia
Honors and Awards
- Repeatedly recognized by Lexpert as a leading lawyer in the areas of personal injury and medical negligence litigation
- Named by Best Lawyers in Canada as Vancouver's Personal Injury Litigation Lawyer of the Year, 2010
- Named by Best Lawyers in Canada as Vancouver's Personal Injury Litigation Lawyer of the Year, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Trial Lawyers' Association, Member