Errin A. Poyner
Errin has practised civil litigation in British Columbia since 1998. She has experience in a broad range of litigation practice areas, but focusses her practice on representation of plaintiffs in personal injury matters, corporate commercial litigation and class actions. Errin has appeared before all levels of British Columbia courts.
Errin was called to the Bar of British Columbia in 1998. She joined Sugden McFee & Roos LLP in 1999 and practised with the firm as an associate for seven years. In 2008, Errin became a partner in a North Shore law firm, where she developed her personal injury and class actions practice. In 2014, Errin returned to Sugden McFee & Roos LLP as head of the firm’s Personal Injury practice group.
Areas of Practice
- British Columbia, 1998
- University of Victoria, Faculty of Law, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- LL.B. - 1997
- Law Review: Appeal Law Review, Editor
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- B.A. - 1993
- Honors: English
- Zaborniak v. Smerdal: Acted for a driver in a left-turning accident claim (BCSC 2014)
- Unlu v. Air Canada; Unlu v. Lufthansa: Acted for the plaintiff in a constitutional challenge to the application of provincial consumer protection laws to the airline industry (BCCA 2013)
- Tremblay v. Shaw Cablesystems GP: Acted for the representative plaintiff in the certification and settlement of a class proceeding for the recovery of interest charges (FC 2012)
- Riazi v. School District No. 39: Acted for representative plaintiff in the certification and settlement of class proceedings for recovery of summer school tuition fees (BCSC 2011)