The following are examples of some of the cases that we have handled over the past thirty years.
Although the majority of our cases have involved adult plaintiffs, we have acted for children and infants in a number of cases and have considerable experience working with the Public Guardian and Trustee to obtain approval of their settlements or damages awards.
General personal injury cases
- Acted for a student injured during the course of a pre-apprenticeship program at post-secondary education.
- Acting for a young professional who was catastrophically injured as a result of the tower collapse on a local ski hill.
- Acting for three families who were injured through exposure to low levels of carbon monoxide allegedly emitted by their residential furnaces.
- Acted for a number of individuals who have sustained injuries as a result of falls on ice and other unsafe surfaces.
- Acted for three passengers of a small plane who were injured when the plane crashed.
ICBC/motor vehicle cases
- We have acted for numerous individuals (both passengers and drivers) who sustained injuries as a result of a variety of motor vehicle and motorcycle accidents, including many cases where liability for the accident was in issue between the parties.
- We have also acted for many pedestrians and cyclists in cases where they have been struck by passing vehicles
- Many of our cases involving motor vehicle or pedestrian accidents have involved catastrophic physical and cognitive injuries. We have been counsel in numerous cases where our clients have sustained very serious injuries, including spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries.
Medical negligence cases
- We have a particular expertise acting for individuals who have allegedly been injured at the hands of a medical professional, including doctors, hospitals and hospital staff, chiropractors and dentists.
- By way of example, we have acted for individuals in the following cases:
- against a family doctor for allegedly failing to diagnose the onset of kidney disease;
- against a chiropractor and hospital in a case involving a catastrophic stroke;
- where our clients have sustained injuries as a result of negligence during a variety of different surgical procedures;
Fatal accidents/family compensation actions
- We have assisted a number of families who have lost loved ones through various accidents, including:
- the family of an individual who passed away during a whitewater rafting excursion;
- the family of an individual who lost his life during a helicopter accident;