Gregory A. Cavouras
Greg practices in the areas of administrative law and professional regulation.
Greg has experience in all aspects of professional regulation, including investigations and discipline, illegal practice, registration, development of professional standards, staff and committee member training and governance.
Greg returned to private practice in 2020 after spending the previous eight years at senior in-house positions with two regulatory bodies. As a complement to his in-house experience, Greg completed the Business Leadership Program for In-House Counsel through the Rotman School of Management and earned the designation of “Certified In-House Counsel – Canada” from the Canadian Bar Association.
While Greg’s main area of practice is professional regulation, he has experience with many other administrative regimes and in civil litigation. Greg has appeared before a wide range of administrative tribunals, all levels of court in British Columbia and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law
- Professional Regulation
- British Columbia, 2011
- University of Saskatchewan, College of Law, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- J.D. – 2010
- Honors: With Distinction
- University of Toronto – 2018
- Major: Business Leadership Program for In-House Counsel
- “A view from the balcony: the New Deal in professional regulation” presented at the Annual Conference of the Canadian Network of Agencies for Regulation (CNAR), October 30, 2019.
- “The Architects Act and professional ethics” presented to the UBC School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture, January 24, 2019.
- “Your reputation precedes you – the requirement for good character and reputation” presented at the Annual Educational Conference of the Council on Licensure, Enforcement & Regulation (CLEAR), September 17, 2016.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association, Member